Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Like Money???

This is a blog about my learning experiences, no?

I recently started a discussion in the Linked:Seattle group about money.  Being a father of three small children, and spending time away from my family at a networking event 1 1/2 hours away was a bit of a strain one particular night.  After hearing people talk about how great networking and meeting people was, I was bit concerned that people didn't understand why we I was there.

I wasn't there for a social meet-up, I was there for money! I was hoping people would help me with sales - either directly or indirectly.

Well, maybe that was the problem.  What is the golden rule?  Do unto others as you would have them do to you!  Who wants someone around at a meet-up who is only concerned about how we can help them?  I sure don't!

Do I still want money?  Yes.  Maybe, I am (re-)learning what that means again and again.  Here is a great quote:
You can get everything you want in life, as long as you help everyone around you get what they want!

I encourage you to take a look at some of the comments in the discussion I started.  I really don't think the post was worthy of some of the comments and some of the people who commented. - here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment